Thursday, January 8, 2009

Early morning ramblings

OK..please tell me someone...when I am the most tired why I wake up so early and not be able to go back to sleep! This morning started at 3:45...although I did doze a little until about 4:45..but after that...no sleep! Limited sleeps makes for a very cranky teacher!

OK..on a lighter note - this is a sampling of a conversation Kathryn and Arthur had yesterday.
K "Daddy...what's my homework today?"
A "Read a book with a parent"
K "I can't do that...."
A "Why"
K "I don't think I have that. What's a parent?"

Gotta love that....I guess we haven't said the word parent too much in the past 5 years. I know I am guilty of that...we always say mommy and daddy, even when referring to other people. I guess I know what we need to say a little more!

Adjusting to being back in school has been tough on all of us. The girls have been coming home absolutely exhausted. Last night was the first night all week they did NOT go to sleep at about 6pm and sleep all night. Last night they made it to about 7 although they were very cranky. I am so looking forward to the weekend so we can get back on schedule and they can get a little more rest.

Bathroom update...shower wall is up, caulking is done, and the "new wood" that is now exposed has been painted. Shower rod will be up today with curtain so we can go back to using it and then all that is left is the final re-painting of the rest of the bathroom and trim. I am so ready for it to be done...although I haven't really done anything. Arthur has done a great job with it! Very impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment